Progressive muscle relaxation
Find a calm and quiet place where you will not be interrupted for the next five to ten minutes. Wear comfy clothes. You can do this exercise sitting in a chair or lying down; just be careful you do not fall asleep.
Progressive muscle relaxation (PMR) involves focusing on one muscle group at a time, first contracting the relaxing the muscles. You then move on to the next muscle group until you get through the entire body.
This method is practiced as follows:
1. You begin at your feet and bit by bit advance towards your head, tensing and relaxing all the muscles on your way up.
2. While breathing in, tense the group of muscles you’re working on. Hold the tension for eight seconds. Feel this tension. After eight seconds, breathe out and relax that muscle group. Feel a calming sensation enveloping those muscles.
3. Start with the right foot. Then relax the right leg. Now, move on to the left foot, left leg, right hand, right forearm, left hand and left forearm, tensing and relaxing the muscle groups. Now repeat the tense and relax method with abdomen, chest, then neck and shoulders. Now, relax your facial muscles; and in the end your head.
4. Take a couple of deep breaths. Feel the relaxation that’s crossed your whole body.
5. Slowly stand up.
With some practice, PMR will give you a rich sensation of relaxation. Then you can practice it any time you experience stress overwhelming you, and get quick relaxation.
Self Hypnosis: The Road to Stress Mastery
What is Self Hypnosis?
Self-hypnosis is a method through which you’re able to communicate with your subconscious. Acquiring the help of your subconscious minimizes the chance of self-sabotaging conduct and ideas. You’re able to bring about the desired changes in your thinking with self-hypnosis. This method is extremely efficient in reducing tension levels and bringing on relaxation.
3. You give yourself suggestions to bring about favorable changes. Since critical judgment is set aside for the time being, this method is extremely powerful in bringing on favorable changes in self. When you know that what you’re suggesting is beneficial for your well-being, the same is accepted by the mind without reservations.
Benefits of Self Hypnosis
- Self-hypnosis is extremely efficient in the following areas.
- Depression and anxiety.
- Dependencies and unwanted habits.
- Interrupted sleep.
- Low self-esteem.
Three Steps to Relaxation through Self Hypnosis
1. Find a place where you are able to decompress and are sure of not getting interrupted for the next ten to fifteen minutes.
2. Close your eyes, and relax yourself. This can be done by taking deep breaths. Think that all your stress is flowing out of your body, and you are feeling a lot more at ease. Center on the relaxation that’s enveloped all the parts of your body.
3. Now you’re in a receptive frame of mind. Start repeating a few positive affirmations, which you should have prepared in advance. Center entirely on your voice and the sense of those statements. These can be as easy as suggesting to your mind that you’ll feel profoundly relaxed when you repeat some specific word or sentence.
This information is very basic. You can learn more by purchasing “The Secrets of Hypnosis” ebook and audio book. Just check out my store.